WHAT AM I DOING?


I must say that this is an adventure. I came to Alaska to ride my bike and I am building a deck. The new adventure begins on June 3. I will ride to Girdwood, Alaska,which is about 36 miles from Anchorage. On June 4 I will ride to Whittier, Alaska, which is about 24 miles from Girdwood. At Whittier I have to wait for Jim Jr. to drive me through the tunnel. There is only one road into Whittier and it goes through a tunnel. No bikes, no walking through the tunnel. In Whittier I will catch the ferry to Bellingham, Washington. I will spend five nights on the ferry between Whittier and Bellingham. From Bellingham I plan to ride my bike to Saint Paul, Minnesota. I will take a route mapped out by Adventure Cycling Association and I will use their maps. On my travels I will update this blog whenever possible. Feel free to follow along and post a comment or email me at silverfox.jim@aol.com

Monday, May 7, 2012

 

Georgia left for home this morning.   Flight time was 6:00 am.  Was up at 4:30 and Jim Jr. and me took her to the airport.  That was a sad time.  We won't see each other for two to three months but we will talk daily.  The picture is the bike and the "BOB" (trailer).  That is how I will look going down the highway.  Today I rode the Chester Creek, Coastal, and Ship Creek Trail.  Eleven miles total.  Temp. was 44 degrees.  Starting to get warmer.  Moose count is 7.   

3 comments:

  1. Good looking ride Silver Fox. -Jim Jr, Anchorage, AK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver Fox,
    I am keeping up on your daily situation and enjoying your posts, especially the Hot Dog story, oh, and the brownies, seeing a pattern here . . . made me hungry. Good luck to you and all your moving parts. Keep it between the ditches!
    ---Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you Mitch. You are right about seeing a pattern. The bike just seems to find things like Hot Dogs and brownies.

    ReplyDelete