WHAT AM I DOING?


I must say that this is an adventure. I came to Alaska to ride my bike and I am building a deck. The new adventure begins on June 3. I will ride to Girdwood, Alaska,which is about 36 miles from Anchorage. On June 4 I will ride to Whittier, Alaska, which is about 24 miles from Girdwood. At Whittier I have to wait for Jim Jr. to drive me through the tunnel. There is only one road into Whittier and it goes through a tunnel. No bikes, no walking through the tunnel. In Whittier I will catch the ferry to Bellingham, Washington. I will spend five nights on the ferry between Whittier and Bellingham. From Bellingham I plan to ride my bike to Saint Paul, Minnesota. I will take a route mapped out by Adventure Cycling Association and I will use their maps. On my travels I will update this blog whenever possible. Feel free to follow along and post a comment or email me at silverfox.jim@aol.com

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Well today I got a job.  Jim Jr. and I are going to replace his deck.  Over the winter they had record snowfall and it caved in thier deck.  Tomorrow and Saturday we will rip it out and next week Home Depot delivers the new deck materials.  I suppose I have to earn my keep.  The truth is, it sounds like fun.
 
I'm looking at getting rid of my computer on the trip.  To big and to heavy.  I was out looking at IPads today.  They are small, light, have GPS, WiFi, cell tower access and are expensive.  This will be the first Georgia has heard about this.  Another option is not to take any kind of internet access device.  I'm working on this issue.

It is Destin's birthday tomorrow.  Party tomorrow night.  Prime rib for dinner.  See how good they are to me.  Til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment