WHAT AM I DOING?


I must say that this is an adventure. I came to Alaska to ride my bike and I am building a deck. The new adventure begins on June 3. I will ride to Girdwood, Alaska,which is about 36 miles from Anchorage. On June 4 I will ride to Whittier, Alaska, which is about 24 miles from Girdwood. At Whittier I have to wait for Jim Jr. to drive me through the tunnel. There is only one road into Whittier and it goes through a tunnel. No bikes, no walking through the tunnel. In Whittier I will catch the ferry to Bellingham, Washington. I will spend five nights on the ferry between Whittier and Bellingham. From Bellingham I plan to ride my bike to Saint Paul, Minnesota. I will take a route mapped out by Adventure Cycling Association and I will use their maps. On my travels I will update this blog whenever possible. Feel free to follow along and post a comment or email me at silverfox.jim@aol.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012



Rode Campbell Creek and Far North Bicentennial Park trails this morning with Jim Jr.  (see picture).  It is cold in the morning.  Have to wear a hat under my helmet.  Did twelve miles.  Stopped at Golden Donuts and had coffee and of course donuts.  Saw three more moose.  My count is at 6 now.  Started putting the "BOB" (trailer) together.  It is not a big job but I'll finish it tomorrow.  On Saturday I leave with Jim Jr. for Fairbanks and start my adventure on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment