WHAT AM I DOING?


I must say that this is an adventure. I came to Alaska to ride my bike and I am building a deck. The new adventure begins on June 3. I will ride to Girdwood, Alaska,which is about 36 miles from Anchorage. On June 4 I will ride to Whittier, Alaska, which is about 24 miles from Girdwood. At Whittier I have to wait for Jim Jr. to drive me through the tunnel. There is only one road into Whittier and it goes through a tunnel. No bikes, no walking through the tunnel. In Whittier I will catch the ferry to Bellingham, Washington. I will spend five nights on the ferry between Whittier and Bellingham. From Bellingham I plan to ride my bike to Saint Paul, Minnesota. I will take a route mapped out by Adventure Cycling Association and I will use their maps. On my travels I will update this blog whenever possible. Feel free to follow along and post a comment or email me at silverfox.jim@aol.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I had a phone message this morning from my coffee group that meets at the La Patisserie (on Randolph at Snelling in St. Paul).  They seemed to think that if I wanted to build a deck I could have stayed in Minnesota to do that.  What was I thinking.  They also said that they wanted more pictures.  These guys would rather see the movie than read the book.  Sorry guys, no pictures today.  The deck parts will be delievered on Friday.  In the mean time we will be putting the footings in.  Today I also got my "BOB" bag weight down to 40 lbs. and I think I will go with that.  Still thinking about the iPad.  Georgia said that it could be my birthday present.  Soon I will have to go to the Apple Store with my webmaster (Jim Jr.) and see if it will do what we want it to do.  The choices look like the iPad or nothing.  My small laptop is to big and to heavy.  I'll try for more pictures tomorrow. Got to keep the coffee group interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment