WHAT AM I DOING?


I must say that this is an adventure. I came to Alaska to ride my bike and I am building a deck. The new adventure begins on June 3. I will ride to Girdwood, Alaska,which is about 36 miles from Anchorage. On June 4 I will ride to Whittier, Alaska, which is about 24 miles from Girdwood. At Whittier I have to wait for Jim Jr. to drive me through the tunnel. There is only one road into Whittier and it goes through a tunnel. No bikes, no walking through the tunnel. In Whittier I will catch the ferry to Bellingham, Washington. I will spend five nights on the ferry between Whittier and Bellingham. From Bellingham I plan to ride my bike to Saint Paul, Minnesota. I will take a route mapped out by Adventure Cycling Association and I will use their maps. On my travels I will update this blog whenever possible. Feel free to follow along and post a comment or email me at silverfox.jim@aol.com

Friday, May 18, 2012

I'll put a couple pictures in today which will show our deck project.  Hopefully the old should be out tomorrow.  I'm still bike riding everyday.  Today I went out to Eagle River.  Saw another moose.

Great birthday party for Destin tonight.  We had Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. 




Tomorrow is Saturday Market.  Hope we can find time to ride bikes there with the deck project.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made the right decision on your trip. Lots of mountains between Fairbanks and Haines and not many people or towns.

    If you could get Jim Jr. to quit putting rocks in the BOB trailer, it would be much lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is Mike (Trail Guy). It is not rocks Jim Jr. is putting in the BOB trailer it is beer. He doesn't like having it in the car so he has me carry the beer on the BOB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've explained that. It is a training method. -Jim Jr., Anchorage, AK

      Delete