WHAT AM I DOING?


I must say that this is an adventure. I came to Alaska to ride my bike and I am building a deck. The new adventure begins on June 3. I will ride to Girdwood, Alaska,which is about 36 miles from Anchorage. On June 4 I will ride to Whittier, Alaska, which is about 24 miles from Girdwood. At Whittier I have to wait for Jim Jr. to drive me through the tunnel. There is only one road into Whittier and it goes through a tunnel. No bikes, no walking through the tunnel. In Whittier I will catch the ferry to Bellingham, Washington. I will spend five nights on the ferry between Whittier and Bellingham. From Bellingham I plan to ride my bike to Saint Paul, Minnesota. I will take a route mapped out by Adventure Cycling Association and I will use their maps. On my travels I will update this blog whenever possible. Feel free to follow along and post a comment or email me at silverfox.jim@aol.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2012


 I took the picture of this moose today near the intersection on
 Rasberry and Minnesota in Anchorage (Yes, they have a road
 named "Minnesota")

View of Anchorage from the Coastal Trail

New moose count today.  Went on a long bike ride on the Costal Trail.  This trail goes from downtown Anchorage to Kincaid Park.  It is a good long ride.  I got a good picture of a moose which I posted and also a picture of downtown Anchorage from the Costal trail near the airport.  Today we got the cement and the sonit tubes for the footings for the deck.  The power company will be out tomorrow to locate the utilities.  We should start digging tomorrow.  The movies below are for the boys at the La Patisserie.

                                           This is a video of some scenery from my ride on
                                           the Coastal Trail today.


                                          I took the video of this moose off the side of the
                                          bike trail near Kincaid Park in Anchorage.





4 comments:

  1. From Jordan: Hey Grandpa, how you doing? I think I would like reindeer hot dogs! Bye, bye Grandpa. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jordan,

      I think the only place to get reindeer hot dogs is in Alaska. You will have to come to Alaska and try one.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures. Remember Jim a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Maybe you should cut back on the reindeer hot dogs so you can bring along some kind of communication with the boys at the coffee shop.
    Dave M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again Dave. Do I feel like I am being scolded here. Hello to all the guys at the coffee shop. Thank for following. I will be on my way in about a week and then it will get more interesting.

      Delete